Gallery Ten Seven is an online exhibit portal focusing on the intersection of art and architecture. Open internationally, the gallery’s goal is to promote the visions and ideas of both the architects who practices in the art space and artist who engages with architecture as a source of inspiration. Often the two creatives intersect through public art commissioning, architects who actively participate in the art world, artist and architects who collaborate, art where the subject mater is a part of the built environment and much more. 1993 in Detroit, an exhibit of art by architects “Industria” was referred to by the media as “the secret works of architects”.
Call for entry is open to all artist and architects in the US and Internationally over the age of 18. Specific exhibits will examine a variety of intersections between art and architecture and may have different entry requirements.
Specific exhibits will examine a variety of intersections between art and architecture:
- Art by architecture ARTxArc Art by architecture in 2d format by designers in the profession of any theme.
- Architecture in art ARCxA Art that features architecture as subject matter in a variety of forms including painting, digital imagery and collage.
- Black and White HANDxArc Art work featuring architecture in hand sketching in black and white.
- HANDxArc Art work featuring architecture in hand sketching, with color.
- Architecture photography AphX Photography where architecture is the subject matter, either realistically or in the abstract.
- ARCx3d Three-dimensional mixed media that explores theoretical ideas and concepts. The theme asks the artist to articulate the ephemeral nature of their work focusing on influences and deeper thinking of design, space and form.
- ARCx4d new media exhibit that explores theoretical concepts and visions related to architecture. The exhibit may include, motion graphics, generative design, animation, mechanism, artificial intelligence etc.
- Solo Periodic solo exhibit by an artist by direct curation. The artist may or may not be selected through a Call for Entry.
- WomenArc Call for women artist in any of the intersecting themes.
- JuriedXarc Abstract art of any theme curated and juried by architects.
Exhibit Submission Rules
- Artists must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Entries must follow competition theme.
- Entries containing pornographic or satanic content will not be accepted.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- 3 images may be submitted per entry fee. There is no limit to the number of entries per artist. Refer to the specific Call for Entry for entry fee details.
- Artwork images should be labeled as: jpg
- Images are only accepted in .jpg The recommended resolution is 120dpi.
- Image size should be no greater than 2 MB.
- Only the artwork should be visible, clear and in focus. Please crop out any background or frame in the images.
$25-$45 for the 3 images of artwork. You may enter more than once, there is no limit to the number of images that an artist can submit. Check the specific Call to Entry for the precise entry fee as they vary from exhibit to exhibit. All entry fees are non – refundable. Gallery Ten Seven is an online gallery so please do not ship artwork.
Use of Original Work
All artwork should be original or one of a kind digital print and produced by the artist within the last 5 years. The artwork must be submitted by you or your approved representative. The submitting artist is solely responsible for any copyright infringement or appropriation of another artist’s work. Disputed work is subject to a request for proof or validation.
Submitted artwork will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, conceptual depth, adherence to the theme, technical quality, and harmonious use of the medium.
All winning artists will receive a digital award certificate. Best in Show, First, Second and Third Place will be featured on the site. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Recognition awards may also be presented or featured. All recognized works will be displayed with the artist name, title of work, price of work and a link back to their website, or email address.
Gallery Ten Seven will provide cash awards of $50 for Best in Show, $35 First, $25 Second and $25 Third Place. Payment of award is through PayPal within 21 days of the exhibit’s end. Cash prizes will vary per exhibit. Refer to exhibit Call for Entry for more details.
All recognized works will be displayed with the artist name, title of work, price of work and a link back to their website, or email address. See specific Call for Entry for award details
By entering this art competition, you are granting Gallery Ten Seven a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our www.gallery10seven.com website and in the marketing of the art competitions to the public. Gallery Ten Seven will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical / archival online exhibit catalog. It can be removed later upon request.
This Agreement represents terms and conditions between artist and Gallery Ten Seven. Before submitting their artwork, all artists who want to participate in any exhibition on our website (www.gallery10seven.com) must agree to the following:
Gallery Ten Seven is granted a non-exclusive perpetual license for use of the artist’s work and images for marketing, promotional, and display purposes in connection with any exhibit on our website. You the artist agrees to allow Gallery Ten Seven to archive chosen artwork as part of the exhibition that is available for public viewing on www.gallery10seven.com website. Artist shall retain all copyrights of any image they submit to Gallery Ten Seven.
Benefits for Artists
Gallery Ten Seven is a platform to promote the work of artist from around the world with the purpose of attracting art buyers, collectors, architects, commercial developers, interior designers, curators and other galleries. The website intent is to support, promote and assist the artist’s goals for exposure and recognition. Each artist’s exhibit is retained on the gallery website under Past Exhibits section for additional and ongoing exposure for at least one year.
All sales transactions are handled directly between the artist and buyer. There are no gallery sales commissions. (Nice!) The copyright to all the artwork exhibited at Gallery Ten Seven is that of the respective artist. No work shall be reproduced without the express written permission of the artist.
Work may be submitted up until midnight Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00) on the last day of the submission schedule posted. No artwork will be accepted past the posted deadline.
Participants are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Gallery Ten Seven does not sell artwork. Artist are connected to buyers by the contact information displayed in the exhibit.
Damon Leverett has over than thirty years of experience as an architect, designer and artist. A graduate of Lawrence Technological University, he has served there as Adjunct Instructor at the University’s School of Architecture and Design from 1990 to 2001. He received his Master of Fine Arts Degree Cum Lade in Web Design and New Media from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
Damon was named Visiting Lecturer of Architectural Design at the University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign from 2012 to 2013. He has also been a guest critic in architecture studios at the University of Michigan Taubman School of Architecture, Taliesin West Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, Arizona State University and North Carolina State University.
Damon has also been an active artist exhibiting recently with the Art League at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, Virginia and has exhibited at a variety of galleries in the Detroit, Michigan area including the Detroit Artist Market, Mask Gallery and Detroit Focus Gallery.
Occasionally the curator will select a series of guest jurors. Entrants will be notified of the jury makeup during the entry process.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.