Architecture in Art (ARCxA)
Gallery Ten Seven welcomes two-dimensional submissions that feature architecture (built environment) as a subject matter or theme in a variety of forms including painting, digital imagery and collage. The submissions may feature a variety of architecture elements beyond building as object – built, unbuilt or conceptual. It may include elements of a building such as windows, frames or facades or groups of structures. The submission may also explore abstractions and impressions of architecture and buildings. The exhibit does not include architectural photography or hand line drawing as there are future exhibits that focus on these mediums.
Entry Deadline March 13, 2019 – Exhibit March 18 through April 15, 2019
Call for entry is open to all artist and architects in the US and Internationally over the age of 18.
- Entries must follow exhibit theme
- 3 images may be submitted per entry fee. There is no limit to the number of entries per artist
- All artwork should be original or one of a kind digital print and produced by the artist within the last 5 years. The artwork must be submitted by you or your approved representative.
$25 for the 3 images of artwork. You may enter more than once, with no limit to the number of submissions that an artist can enter. Just 3 images per submission. You will need a PayPal account. If you do not have one please enroll here. Entry fees are non – refundable.
- Artwork images should be labeled as: FirstName_LastName_ArtworkTitle.jpg (example: DaveJones_FreeBird.jpg)
- Images are only accepted in .jpg format. The recommended resolution is 120dpi.
- Image size should be no greater than 2 MB.
- Only the artwork should be visible, clear and in focus. Please crop out any background or frames in the images.
All winning artists will receive a digital award certificate, Best in Show, First, Second and Third place will be featured on the site. Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, Honorable Recognition awards may also be presented or featured. All recognized works will be displayed with the artist name, title of work, price of work and a link back to their website, or email address.
ARCxA will provide cash award of $50 for Best in Show, $35 First, $25 Second and $25 Third Place. Payment of award is through PayPal within 21 days of the exhibit’s end.
Curator and Juror: Damon Leverett, MFA
Damon Leverett has over than thirty years of experience as an architect, designer and artist. He received his Master of Fine Arts Degree Cum Lade in Web Design and New Media from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
Damon has also been an active artist exhibiting recently with the Art League at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, Virginia and has exhibited at a variety of galleries in the Detroit, Michigan area including the Detroit Artist Market, Mask Gallery and Detroit Focus Gallery.
Additional Conditions Entrants also agree to the general conditions as outlined in the About section of this website.